Using colour and pattern for accessible design
1,20h Video tutorials
5 Cases with disability
1 Expert in inclusive design
English with subtitles in English
Understand the theory and practical application of colours in fashion for the disabled or visually impaired. Widen your market by including accessibility of colour in your collections.
What will I learn in this course?
Discover the importance of colour and pattern and the impact it can have on people in design, from guiding the visually impaired to mood psychology.
Dive into colour, pattern, and graphics and how they are perceived. Understand the use of letters, numbers, and symbols, as well as the importance of labels.
Through the first-hand experiences of five people, learn basic colour needs when talking about accessibility and discover the colour guide for making getting dressed easier for those with disabilities or visual impairments.
Make your own colour palettes using an online tool and gain the tool kit to always choose appropriate and accessible colours and patterns for your designs.
Reach wider audiences and make yourself more competitive as a designer by incorporating accessible colour theory into your collections, making them accessible to everyone.
Receive access to the group forum, downloadable summaries of each module, technical sheets, colour exercises, and reading articles.
Course contents and materials
10. Colour, patterns and graphics
10.1. Common requirements
10.2. Dressing guide, instructions
10.3. Colour perception. Prints
10.4. Graphics: letters, numbers and symbols. Labels
- Outline of the generic needs of Color.
- Conclusions and solutions.
- List of resources
- Color exercise with templates included.
- Creation of an accessible color chart using an online tool.
- Guide to redesign Hang tag labels using an online tool.
- Downloadable summary.
- Practical resources for implementation.
- Specialized articles on color accessibility.
- 1 year of unlimited access.
- Access to the group discussion and networking forum. Our expert team will always answer your questions.
- All Abilities Fashion certificate of achievement.
= Saving time researching people with disabilities and their challenges with color and print.
= Acquire knowledge about the use of color and its consequences.
= Integrate inclusion into the design process without additional costs.
= Gain a global vision of diversity.
= Stimulate innovation and creativity.
= Increase the competitiveness and value of the organization.
= Increase market share.
Total hours of dedication: approximately 5 hours.
- Team Presentation Video – 15 min
- Video Tutorial- 1h
- Review summaries and downloadable material – 10 min.
- Resources Review- 40 min.
- Reading articles- 25 min.
- Exercise: Color. 2-3h
Meet the team
Inclusive fashion expert
Co founder Blind Look
Founder of Tandem Team
Marie Van Driessche
Interaction designer, accessibility specialist with deafness.
Inclusive design consultant
No vision and works in a fashion company.
Spanish with english subtitles
Once you make the payment, access to the course is immediate. You will receive an email with details to access the material through our online academy portal.
You will have unlimited access to the course for 1 year. You are encouraged to go through the course as many times as you want within this time period.
Yes, you can request individual mentoring sessions to receive feedback on your mood boards, resolve doubts, and create your own personalised action plan in inclusive fashion. Keep a record of any points of discussion throughout the course and reserve a session any time via email at [email protected].
There are several payment methods you can use to pay for your course.
- Credit/ debit card – We accept Visa and Mastercard through our bank’s secure payment portal. Card payments have no additional charge and we don’t save your secure information.
- PayPal – This method is safe and secure, however PayPal charges an additional commission of 3.4% per transaction.
- Bank transfer – After completing the purchase at the checkout, you will securely receive our bank details. Transfers bear no additional costs. Your place will be confirmed once we receive the transfer.
Yes, the master’s course is available for companies, organisations, and universities looking for group training in inclusivity. Send us an email at [email protected] to sign up for one of our group plans.
No, the course content is strictly for individual use and may not be shared with third parties without explicit permission. Their dissemination, reproduction, sale, distribution or commercial use (with or without profit) is totally prohibited.
All text, videos, tutorials, images, graphics, etc. are intellectual property of Moving Mood owner, Rut Turró and are subject to author rights.
Under no circumstances will these rights be transmitted or assigned without prior, explicit and written consent.
Specifically, the contents of this course may not be reproduced, disseminated, sold, distributed or used for commercial purposes. Especially, in relation to all videos recorded and published, any distribution with or without profit motive of said videos by any means (web, blog, app, TV, etc.) will be prohibited.
The course is in English with subtitles in English.